Drainage Master Plan
Developing a Master Plan Since taking over the operation and maintenance of the drainage system in 2010, the Citrus Heights Stormwater Program has been actively working to improve stormwater management within the city. In order to identify the impediments to the city's drainage system, Stormwater staff are currently in the process of developing Drainage Master Plans to evaluate the city's existing drainage issues and prioritize the implementation of the improvements. The analysis has been split into 4 phases:
- Phase I: Neighborhood Areas 6 and 7 (complete)
- Phase II: Neighborhood Areas 8, 9, and 10 (complete)
- Phase IV: Neighborhood Areas 1, 2, and 3 (planned for fiscal year 2017/2018)
- Phase III: Neighborhood Areas 5, 6, and 11 (planned for fiscal year 2019/2020)
Phase I and Phase II In March 2012, the city completed the first phase of the Drainage Master Plan. Neighborhood Areas 6 and 7 were selected as the first phase of the project due to the lack of defined drainage systems in that quadrant of the city. In May 2016, the city completed the Areas 8, 9, and 10 Master Plan Study. As funding permits, the remaining areas will be evaluated. More information about the city's 5-year plan for implementing major infrastructure improvements is available in the 2012-2016 Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Neighborhood Areas 6 & 7 Storm Drainage Master Plan Study Part 1 (PDF)
- Neighborhood Areas 6 & 7 Storm Drainage Master Plan Study Part 2 (PDF)
- Neighborhood Areas 6 & 7 Storm Drainage Master Plan Study Part 3 (PDF)
- Neighborhood Areas 6 & 7 Storm Drainage Master Plan Study Part 4 (PDF)
- Neighborhood Areas 6 & 7 Storm Drainage Master Plan Study Part 5 (PDF)
Projects In Design
On March 9, 2017 City Council awarded three contracts to consulting engineering firms to complete design of the 12 projects identified in the Neighborhood Areas 8, 9, & 10 Storm Drainage Master Plan. The first of the projects will begin construction in Summer 2017. All of the projects will be constructed in the next 3 years.
If you have questions or would like more information about the drainage projects, contact General Services at 916-727-4770 or via .
Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration
There is an Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Citrus Heights Storm Drainage Master Plan Project (environmental document) for review. The public review and comment period is from October 13, 2017 through November 13, 2017.
The document is also available for review at City Hall at 6360 Fountain Square Drive from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.