Sunrise Blvd Complete Streets Project - Phase 2A
Traffic Control Update for May 21, 2018 through June 1, 2018:
To accommodate construction of a new storm drain in Sunrise Boulevard, the contractor will be implementing the following traffic controls from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM:
- Northbound Sunrise Boulevard will be restricted to one lane of travel between Arcadia Drive and Woodmore Oaks Drive;
- Southbound Sunrise Boulevard will be restricted to one lane of travel between Locher Drive and Sayonara Drive;
- All southbound lanes of Sunrise Boulevard will be closed at Highland Avenue and southbound traffic will be shifted to one lane on the northbound side of Sunrise Boulevard;
- Southbound traffic will be shifted back into the southbound lanes before entering the Sunrise Boulevard/Sayonara Drive intersection.
ADVISORY: Drivers on Sunrise Boulevard should anticipate 15 to 30 minute delays to travel during this phase of work. Traffic speeds are being reduced to 25 MPH through the work zone and drivers are asked to reduce their speed for the safety of workers and themselves.
NOTE: Sunrise Boulevard will not be closed and access to all businesses and residences will be maintained throughout the work. However, to avoid delays, drivers passing through the area are advised to use Fair Oaks Boulevard between Greenback Lane and Oak Avenue during work hours.
Information About the Project
The primary focus of the project is to install sidewalks along the west side of Sunrise Boulevard between Woodmore Oaks Avenue and Sayonara Drive. Work will include installation of:
1) new storm drain system,
2) new curb, gutter and sidewalk, and
3) new street lights.
Also, the southbound side of Sunrise Blvd. will be resurfaced and re-striped with narrower travel lanes and a dedicated bike lane.
CONTRACTOR: All-American Construction
START DATE: April 23, 2018
EXPECTED COMPLETION: September 2018
Installation of the new storm drain system will typically require southbound Sunrise Blvd. to be limited to one lane of traffic on week days from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Some portions of the storm drain work will also require limiting northbound traffic to a single lane for several days during working hours. We also expect 1 or 2 days of work within the Sunrise/Sayonara intersection which may require placing the signal in red-flash for a period of time.
For additional information about the Sunrise Boulevard Complete Streets Project, please contact the General Services Department at (916) 727-4770 or via email at General Services.