Sewer Credit Program
About the ProgramSewer impact fees are collected for any parcel connecting to the sewer system for the first time. Incremental sewer impact fees may also be due when a parcel size or use changes. In partnership with Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (Regional San), the city may offer reductions on sewer hook up fees for new development and redevelopment projects. Through this program fees can be a substantial discounted over the regular price.
Download and fill out a Sewer Credit Program Application (PDF) to apply.
General Program Guidelines
- The project must be located in the former Commercial Corridor Redevelopment Project Area, Sunrise MarketPlace PBID, or CDBG-eligible commercial area. Projects not located in these areas but located on a commercially-zoned parcel will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Community and Economic Development Director.
- The project must create additional employment.
- The project may be a catalyst project such as a restaurant that will further the overall economic development efforts of a business district and/or the city.
- The credits may not be used as a means to attract businesses from a neighboring jurisdiction that is a member of the Economic Development Treatment Capacity Bank.
- No more than 15% of the total credits can be used for residential-related purposes.
- There is no cap for assisting affordable housing units.
Guidelines for Residential Use
- Use of the credits for residential uses must be consistent with the General Plan and Economic Development Strategy of promoting home-ownership opportunities.
- The residential credits may be used to convert residential septic tanks to current sewer systems.
- Credits cannot be used for individual single family homes, unless they are part of a larger development project in the Redevelopment Project Area, Sunrise MarketPlace, or CDBG-eligible area. Projects outside this area will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the City Council.